Intermediate Architectural Job Captain
About square three design studios:
Established small residential architecture firm in downtown Palo Alto has openings for full-time positions ranging from job captain to project manager (minimum 3 years of professional domestic (USA) experience required). We are looking for individuals to initially work with upper staff with the goal of becoming self sufficient and fluent in office standards and procedures. This individual must be fluent in the entire architectural process from Pre-Design through Construction Administration.
Our primary project type is owner-specific single family residential new homes and major
remodel/addition/restorations. Project designs include contemporary and traditional aesthetics. We serve clients throughout and outside the SF bay area. square three is continually exploring and integrating green building materials and methods into our projects. We are located in a casual open warehouse space with free parking and are within walking distance to downtown Palo Alto and the Cal-Train station.
Who we are looking for:
- A self-starter, intelligent, fast learner that has the desire for professional advancement.
- Organized and able to multi-task (able to work on several projects concurrently).
- Able to communicate and work well with fellow employees, clients, consultants, governing agency officials, contractors and subcontractors.
- Minimum 3 years of domestic experience required.
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe Photoshop.
- Fluent in CADD – we use VectorWorks, Sketchup, and RenderWorks on the MAC.
- Excellent command of the English language – written and spoken.
- Very clear understanding of wood frame construction and the ability to translate that into design and technical drawings.
- Fluency in residential design, structural systems, MEP systems, Title 24, etc.
- Ability to prepare a comprehensive Construction Document package including site plan, floor plans, RCP’s, exterior elevations, building sections, schedules, utility plans, interior elevations, details, etc. and how to properly dimension and cross reference drawings – with minor supervision.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits including PTO, health, dental and vision insurance, discretionary bonuses, and a SEP/IRA program.